Round table on the project "Assessment of the impact of the budget of the 4th level on the quality of life of the rural population of Pavlodar region"
InEU scientists within the framework of the project "Assessment of the impact of level 4 budgets on the quality of life of the population of rural districts of Pavlodar region" analyzed the mechanism of formation and use of the level 4 budget and analyzed the quality of life of the rural population. The study was carried out with the support of the Eurasia Foundation within the framework of the Civil Society Support Program in Central Asia, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The deputy akim of the district for economic issues, heads of departments of the district akimat, deputies of the district maslikhat, project executors and scientists of Toraigyrov University took part in the work of the round table offline. With the help of the ZOOM platform, 15 akims of rural districts participated in the round table online. At the round table, sections of the project were presented by their performers. Doctor of Sociological Sciences, Professor of Economics Shelomentseva Valentina Pavlovna presented the results of a sociological survey conducted in 10 districts of Pavlodar region. The survey was conducted in each of the districts in one rural district. When studying the opinion of the population, the following questions were asked: "Are you satisfied with the living conditions in the place of your residence?", "How do you assess - have some of the living conditions changed in recent years?", "What problems do residents of your settlement most often face?" , "Do you take part in the discussion of plans for the development of your settlement?", And others, revealing the level of satisfaction with the quality of life of the rural population of Pavlodar region. The survey covered 500 people. The survey covered all social groups of the population, all age groups of the adult population, men and women permanently residing in a particular settlement.
There was a discussion of the presented project results, as well as issues of formation and use of budgets of the 4th level. During the discussion, the reasons and barriers to the development of local self-government and budgets of the 4th level were identified.
The results of the analysis of the sociological survey revealed:
- aspiration and desire to improve the standard of living in their locality;
- willingness to participate in the development of their rural districts;
- lack of knowledge and awareness among akims and the population on the development of entrepreneurship, the formation and use of the budget of the rural district.
As incentives for the development of budgets of the 4th level are:
- desire and desire of the population of rural districts to live better;
- willingness to participate in the management of the rural district;
- in accordance with the introduction of amendments to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Elections" - the election of akims of rural districts from 2021;
- assessment of the activities of akims of rural districts by the level of development of the settlement (contribution of the akim) and the share of their own sources in the budget of the 4th level;
- the desire of the district akimat to determine the development strategy of the district based on the development of all rural districts.
The participants of the round table recognized the formulated recommendations on the project as timely and relevant, the implementation of which can lead to an increase in the quality of life through the reasonable formation and use of budgets of the 4th level.
Associate Professor of the Department of Business and Management
Bespaly Sergey Vladimirovich
This study / report / publication was made possible by the assistance of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). InUE is responsible for the content of this publication, which does not necessarily reflect the position of USAID or the US Government.